According to an article in Slate magazine, plastic bags do not biodegradable at all, so you would have to wait for UV rays to destroy it, which can take anywhere from 500 to 1,000 years or more. Also, the Environmental Protection Agency points out that 12 million barrels of oil are used in the US alone to produce plastic bags.
According to the Conservation International Organization, plastic litter, which includes plastic bags, kills thousands of marine animals each year. The EnviroLiteracy website explains that plastic bags can block the entrance to the stomach and cause starvation in a number of marine animals, including sea turtles, whales and sea birds. Some animals confuse plastic bags with jellyfish or other food and actively seek them out even if they spot them from a distance.
Can exposure to plastics harm your health? It's a question currently being explored by researchers after a recent study suggested that traces of a synthetic chemical called Bisphenol A (BPA) can be found in more than 80% of teenagers.
Plastic chemicals are responsible for the following issues:
• Low IQ
80 Kg Plastic Waste Removed From Cow's Stomach After 3-Hour Surgery.
It is a common sight to see cows eating waste material most of which is plastic. The owners usually leave their cows during the daytime to avoid spending money to feed them. These abandoned cows end up eating garbage in the streets. Isn't it sad?
• Annually approximately 500 billion plastic bags are used worldwide. More than one million bags are used every minute.
• Plastic constitutes approximately 90 percent of all trash floating on the ocean's surface, with 46,000 pieces of plastic per square mile.
• Paper Bags takes an average of one month to decompose.
• Paper Bags can hold as many as 14 Grocery Items.
• It takes less energy to produce Paper Bags.
• The average family would need just four paper bags per week for their grocery shopping and this equals 208 per year. In comparison, eight plastic bags would be needed for the same amount of shopping and this amounts to 416 per year.
It is high time now that we should think about our Environment and move towards a cleaner, better and greener future. As responsible citizens it is our duty to save our Environment and give a safe and secure surrounding to our future generations. One simple way to do so is by replacing Plastic bags with paper bags. Aspire packaging is a Distributor, Manufacturer and Supplier of premium quality paper bags in Vadodara, Gujarat, India.